The Data Effect
March 30, 2016
Canada’s future prosperity is linked to the ability of its citizens, businesses and government to maximize the use of our data resources.
The sixth edition of The Data Effect, organized by CityAge on March 30th, 2017 in Ottawa, will look at how to build a a national strategy that uses new tools in data to build an innovation economy, drive economic productivity and sustainability, make government more responsive and efficient, and encourage a healthier, more equitable nation.
The major themes to be covered, by leaders from Canada and beyond, will be:
- Data, innovation and the future of industries such as manufacturing.
- Data and increasing productivity, with real-life examples of success.
- Data and the resource economy: how data can help meet our national, provincial and local sustainability goals while driving economic growth.
- Health & data — how health data can improve and sustain health care, encourage globally-leading research within Canada, and yield more personalized care.
- Data and responsive government: new technologies and systems that can make government more responsive and be a catalyst for innovation.
- Data and digital infrastructure: the essential private investments and public regulatory framework necessary to shape the future of the economy and grow prosperity in a rapidly changing digital economy
Advance registration is available at www.cityage.org/ottawa